Preheat oven to 350.
Tips for Crispy Fries
1. Soak the cut fries in salted water for at least an hour. I have no scientific reason as to why this works, but it does. The soaked batches crisped much better than the unsoaked batches.
2. Space fries at least 1″ apart on all sides. Overcrowding leads to sogginess.
3. Flip fries halfway through the cooking time. Unfortunately, this has to be done by hand. Be careful cause they’re hot.
4. Cook fries on a cooling rack. That way air circulates around them as they cook.
5. If you don’t have a cooling rack or (like me) only own a small one, cook the fries on parchment paper. Again, I have no explanation for this except it works. The batch I baked on tin foil did not come out well.
6. Pat fries completely dry before tossing with olive oil. Get rid of all excess water or else they will steam rather than bake in the oven.